Testing 1, 2, 3 (Introduction)

Who Am I?

    Hello, everyone! My name is Olivia. I'm both excited and nervous to be doing this whole blogging assignment. Although this introductory post is required, I would love to share a few things about me so you can get to know me better


Interests

Me in my marching band uniform, Oct 2019
    Despite being quite an introvert, I love performing. Throughout my time in school, I have been in choir, dance, and marching band. Music and performance have been a big part of my life from a very young age.

 

 


    Learning about people and the way their brains work has also been an interest of mine through the years. Topics that interest me in this field are psychology, sociology, and mental health, for example.

2021 drawing of the skull of Alioramus remotus
     But, undoubtedly my biggest passion is of course dinosaurs. I own many dinosaur figurines, wear exclusively dinosaur-themed socks, and I've seen Jurassic Park and it's sequels more times than I can count. In fact, you can bet I've seen most BBC or National Geographic dinosaur documentaries.




The Blog

    There is one crucial thing that I've left out of my introduction. In August last year, I was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Since then, I have spent the last year learning (and realearning) things about myself and gaining a deeper understanding of my brain and how I exist. Through this blog, I hope to not only give insight into the mind of an autistic individual, but to educate on the misconceptions and stigmas of this neurotype. I hope these future posts will be helpful in combatting stereotypes and giving people a deeper understanding of others like me.


This is who I am. Thank you for reading!

Comments

  1. Hey Olivia! I know quite a few people who are on the spectrum so its nice to see you write about it and show people that it comes in many levels of intensity! Your blog is laid out nice and I cant wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm excited to share more :)

      Delete

Post a Comment